Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2008

Gateway to Patagonia

I am showing solidarity with the northern hemisphere. I am back to the cold. In other words I left Santiago and moved south.
New years has been crazy. The usual madness. Well – it wasn’t that bad. At least not for me. One of my friends had a bit of a hard time though. He needed help to make it thru the night and back home to Santiago. The fireworks were just awesome in Valparaiso! It was also awesome to celebrate new years in the warmth. But Christmas has to be cold next year. Preferable with snow.
So now I am back to cold. But that was my decision. And I am sure that it will be great. This little blog I write from Puerto Montt, gateway to Patagonia, 1100 km south of Sanitago. And Patagonia is the land of ice and glaciers. Tonight I will leave this place by boat. 24 hours en un ferry passing through fjords and a whole lot of pure nature.
This was a bit of a prevision. Here some retrospective: I left Santiago with a nostalgic feeling. Mostly because of the kids. In this short time I really have developed a lot of affection for them. I wish and hope that their futures will be prosper! Even for the city I feel some kind of melancholy. It will be part of my memory forever. But it was the time to leave and heat on. I could feel it.
Today I cannot pass too much time in a internet café. I apologize. This is rather to say “hello – I am back on track”. I will call after the next scenic impact.

Stay tuned. Big hug!
MIKE